Middle Range Theory for Nursing (4th Edition) – eBook PDF
The Middle Range Theory for Nursing, 4th edition (PDF) on middle range theory in nursing reflects the most current theoretical advances in the field. With 2 additional chapters, new content incorporates exemplars that bridge middle-range theory to advanced nursing research and practice. Additional content for DNP and Ph.D. programs includes 2 new theories: Self-Care of Chronic Illness and Bureaucratic Caring.
This user-friendly PDF textbook stresses how theory informs practice and research in the everyday world of nursing. Divided neatly into 4r sections, content sets the stage for understanding middle range theory by elaborating on disciplinary perspectives, an organizing framework, and evaluation of the theory. Middle Range Theory for Nursing, 4e, presents a broad spectrum of 13 middle-range theories. Every theory is broken down into its development, purpose, and conceptual underpinnings, and includes a model demonstrating the relationships among the concepts, and the use of the theory in research and practice. In addition, concept building for research through the lens of a middle-range theory is presented as a rigorous 10-phase process that moves from a practice story to a conceptual foundation. Exemplars are presented clarifying both the concept building process and the use of conceptual structures in research design. This new fourth edition remains an essential textbook for advanced practice, research, and theory courses.
New to the 4th Edition:
- 2 completely new chapters
- Reflects new theoretical advances
- New content for Ph.D. and DNP programs
- 2 new theories: Bureaucratic Caring and Self-Care of Chronic Illness
- 2 articles from Advances in Nursing Science documenting a historical meta-perspective on middle range theory development
- Includes Appendix summarizing middle range theories from 1988 to 2016
- Provides a strong contextual foundation for understanding middle range theory
- Introduces the Ladder of Abstraction to clarify the range of nursing’s theoretical foundation
- Presents 13 middle range theories with conceptual, philosophical, and empirical dimensions of each theory
“This is an outstanding edition of this ebook. It has great relevance for learning about, developing, and using middle range theories. It is very user friendly, yet scholarly.” – Doody’s Medical Reviews
3-time recipient of the AJN Book of the Year Award!
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Smith/Liehr’s Middle Range Theory For Nursing 4th edition in pdf.